Thursday, December 8, 2011

The US Government I Want, in One Picture

Dear Representatives: 

I still believe in a better America. I recognize our success have come through cooperation and collaboration. I feel our possibility and potential are too often drowned out in contemporary debate. So here's the America I stand for, in just a few lines, as part of my Open Letter that includes pragmatic policy examples demonstrating how this America is possible and restating why it's important (#1, #2). 




All of these desires are economically viable and numerous examples exist to back up that assertion. I'll continue to add those examples. Until then, back to work that pays the bills.

*********************************************************************************************************************
If you agree with the sentiments expressed above and in the overview, please re-tweet, re-post, or email the content to others. If you disagree or have thoughts to add, please add those thoughts below in the comments section. If you'd like to be notified of future posts, simply put your email address in the box on the right. 


Most importantly, if you agree and would like to share this content with your representatives, please do so! You can confirm your representatives' identities and contact information at Project Vote Smart. Thanks for reading. And, regular readers - I realize I'm a bit behind on responding to a couple good points or questions. I'll return to that following this project. Thanks for your patience. 


*********************************************************************************************************************

Here's the text on the flag above with links to more explanation and resources: 




I want a government that protects the environment. 

I want a government strong enough to regulate business and ensure that capitalism is society's servant rather than its master. 

I want a government that will ensure all citizens have access to good education, health care, and strong work opportunities. 

I want representatives who understand nuance, democratic debate, and the valuable role government has played in US History.

No comments:

Post a Comment