Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Beginning

What’s good for the soul is good for the world. That’s the proposition I’m taking up while starting this blog – the first attempt to integrate my personal and professional pursuits in one place. The thing is I suspect good clean livin' is as good for the world as it is for the soul. Like everyone, I get pulled away from my personal and public efforts to do better, but like many people I keep trying. I'm going to work at recording that - from mountain hikes to international development efforts - all here. In the past my personal efforts at feats of strength and Andes-mountain exploring were recorded separately from stories on the ground in rural Tanzania and reflections on US government and global policy. No longer: everything inter-relates at the end of the day, and I'm pulling it all  together here. Thanks for visiting. Send thoughts, objections, or great links and stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment